Thursday, March 6, 2008

What is Charisma?

To answer the question, I don't know. At least not yet. In my mind, charisma is the indefinable characteristic that makes everyone want to be around them. I know people like this and I'm sure you do too. In particular, I can think of one friend whom everyone simply loves; he's a short, carefree, good looking, outdoorsy, intelligent, poised, and social engineer. You simply can't hate the guy...it's hard not to have a fun or good time when you're with him.

What makes him this way? It can't possibly be genetics. Environment? I've met his parents and both are very nice and friendly, but there's nothing extraordinary about them. But somehow he's blossomed into an attractive, successful recent college graduate.

I've lived with this guy and several others, but regardless I still don't know the key to what makes them tick and be charming. These charismatic people don't know either, they've just always been that way. So my goal is to unlock the keys to this lifestyle, become an alpha male, and have success in professional and social environments.

So can charisma be defined? Maybe, but not by me...at least not yet.

No comments: